Accounting is a foundational process for every business, no matter how big or small. Learn what accounting is, why it matters and how to make it work for you.
Kylie McQuarrie has been writing about small businesses, payroll, and finance for ten years. While wrapping up her master's degree in English, she simultaneously leant her writing and SEO expertise to small businesses struggling to reach customers in Canada, the US and Australia. She's been pursuing a professional writing career with a focus on business payroll and accounting ever since.Expertise
- Small-Business Finance
- Small-Business Loans
- Small-Business Banks
- Small-Business Financing
- MA, English (African literature emphasis), 2015
- BA, English (minor: African studies), 2012
- Fairy God Boss (https://fairygodboss.com/career-topics/how-i-went-from-working-remote-to-working-in-an-office-without-losing-my-cool)
- SCORE (https://www.score.org/resource/blog-post/3-tips-organizing-your-books-end-year)
- G2 (https://learn.g2.com/parent-friendly-workplace)
- Writers Domain (https://blog.writersdomain.net/author/kmcquarrie_wd/)
- CenturyLinkQuote (https://www.centurylinkquote.com/resources/make-your-phone-work-for-you-not-against-you-at-work/)
- Business.org (https://www.business.org/author/kylie-mcquarrie/)
- Has written featured guest posts for G2, SCORE, Writers Domain and Fairy God Boss.
- Senior payroll staff writer for TechRepublic (current) and Business.org (former)
-I'm a sucker for Apple's streamlined, layperson-friendly tech. I got my first MacBook in 2007 and have never looked back. -I resisted the pull of ebooks for as long as I could, but there's something about a Kindle Paperwhite that is absolutely irresistible. -A digital alarm clock—preferably one with a light that mimics soft sunlight—is infinitely more ideal than hitting your phone's snooze button each morning. -I could live without my Nintendo Switch, but why would I want to? -The iPod was easily the best invention of the 21st century and I will stand by that until my dying day.
Small-business payroll software simplifies and streamlines in-house payroll. Learn about top payroll solutions like Gusto, OnPay and more.
Interested in learning more about the state of the accounting industry? Check out our roundup of 37 crucial accounting statistics to kick off the new year.
We review the best Canadian accounting software for small, midsize and large businesses. Compare features, pricing, pros and cons for software like Xero, Zoho and QuickBooks.
Here are the top accounting software for Australian businesses. Compare features and prices to find the perfect solution for your business.
Find the best accounting software solution for your UK-based business. We review top accounting programs including Xero, QuickBooks and Sage.
A general ledger provides a complete record of financial transactions for a business. Learn how it works, why it is important, and its examples in this guide.
Explore our top picks for the best accounting software solutions. Compare features, pricing, and reviews to find the perfect solution for you.
Find the best payroll software options for Australian businesses. Compare key features, pricing plans, and more to make the right choice for your payroll needs.
Looking for the best compensation management software? Check out our top picks and find the perfect solution for your business.